Working with clients and contractors to build the workforce needed to deliver high-quality, large-scale retrofit programmes
WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT PARTNERSHIPS
Our unique Workforce Development Partnerships are building the skills base needed to deliver high-quality, large-scale retrofit programmes.
We support contractors, clients and the supply chain in four key ways:
Developing In-House Capability
- Creating a workforce strategy for your organisation
- Creating long-term plans for entire teams and the individuals within them
- Delivering quality training linked to all PAS roles
- Securing funding where possible to reduce costs of upskilling
- Developing new courses to meet specific needs
- Providing technical support
- Formulating a CPD and events programme
Supporting the Supply Chain
- Working with critical suppliers to build resilience
- Providing access to useful tools and common resources
- Offering comprehensive technical support
- Connecting employers with training providers
- Working with the supply chain to build capability and competence
Enabling Social Value
- Promoting retrofit careers within local communities and education
- Supporting contractors with social-value obligations
- Helping local providers train local people to create local jobs
- Raising awareness of retrofit careers and connecting employers with talent
- Promoting retrofit careers to those already in training
- Attracting new entrants to the sector
- Linking retrofit employers to talent pools
- Feeding demand for retrofit trades in schools, colleges and universities
The success of major retrofit projects depends on well-trained workforces that understand how to apply best practice. But as it stands, there are not enough qualified people to meet demand.
Our workforce development solution is designed to tackle this challenge head on, helping organisations identify exactly what’s needed to deliver whole-house retrofit programmes and create company training plans that attract, upskill and deploy new retrofit talent.
What Does Workforce
Our workforce development solution is about getting your projects moving with the right people in place. We’ll implement a plan that achieves lasting success, no matter the scale or complexity. This includes:
Defines the team needed to deliver your retrofit projects
Training Needs Analysis
Determines current knowledge and skills and identifies upskilling opportunities
Organisation Development Plan
Presents the workforce you need and pinpoints the gaps
Maximises the plan’s impact and accounts for necessary adjustments
Who’s It For?
Workforce development is for housing associations and contractors that have been tasked with the delivery of government-funded projects. This includes the Social Housing Decarbonisation Fund and the Home Upgrade Grant.